Monday, December 29, 2008

At the Dells

We made it to Wisconsin Dells! After a late start yesterday morning and a quick stop in Oshkosh for lunch, we made it to our resort safely. The roads weren't too bad. We are at Glacier Canyon Lodge at the Wilderness Resort. I was worried we'd have to drive to the other building to get to the waterparks, but they've got walkways between the buildings, so it's just a nice long indoor walk to get to wherever we need to go. We wouldn't even have to leave the building for the length of our stay, except we like to get dinner off site, and I like to get to the outlet mall for a little shopping!

I logged in this morning planning to get a little work done, but I cannot access my virtual network for work. It won't be terrible, and I can at least to an e-mail check, but I won't get my daily reports done for the next 3 days. Oh well. Not too much of a loss. At least now I have a little time to update the blog!

Back to the Wilderness. They have 3 indoor waterparks, a dry indoor play area with lots of climbing and balls, and a couple of arcades. Our plan was to start at a waterpark this morning, but they don't open until 10:00, so Mark took the boys to the arcade first. Then we'll try the waterpark with the lazy river. My boys are not into the slides at all, which is a bummer, because I am! But they enjoy floating along the lazy river and bobbing in the wave pools. So we're just looking forward to a nice relaxing couple of days before heading home on Wednesday. I did bring my camera, but will not take it into the water areas, so I'm not sure how many pictures I'll get, but I'll post some in a few days. Until then.......

No comments:

Post a Comment